Denny Kuiper and Jim Young discuss the early season results of Pitt, Boston College and Miami on this week's basketball coachspeak podcast.
Welcome back to the basketball coachspeak podcast!
Last week Jim Young and former college coach Denny Kuiper discussed the up-and-down early seasons of UNC, Duke and Virginia.
This week they turn their attention to Pitt, Boston College and Miami.
You can click on the player below to listen to the podcast. Below the player you'll find a detailed guide of what Jim and Denny discuss.
0:00 - 6:00 - PITT
- Is Pitt's offense that bad, or was Cincy's defense that good?
- Should the ugliness of the Cincy game temper our enthusiasm for the Panthers?
- Does Pitt have reliable offensive options beyond Lamar Patterson?
6:00 - 19:29 Boston College
- Why did we think BC was going to be good this season?
- Are the Eagles proof that maybe experience is just overrated?
- On the other hand, how much is the recent lack of older leadership affecting player development at BC?
- Does Steve Donahue's emphasis on recruiting skilled players keep him from developing tough, stingy defenses?
- Is it fair for Boston College fans to doubt whether Donahue is the right coach?
19:29 - 31:29 Miami
- We knew this year would be rocky for the Hurricanes. But did we think they'd struggle this much? Or are the teams Miami's lost to better than you might think?
- When you have massive roster turnover, how hard is it to get a team up to speed, whatever maximum speed that is?
- How hard is it on a team like this Miami squad to establish an offensive hierarachy?
- Jim shares some really bad Miami offensive stats.
- Given what Miami has now and what it adds next season, how quickly could Jim Larranaga get things turned back around?